Yesterday was go go go from the moment we got up so I am going to borrow my friend Monica's favorite form of blogging: The List. It just seems to suit the way the day went. It felt like the whole day was a list of things that MUST be accomplished before we could go to the ball. Yes, the ball was definitely the light at the end of the tunnel yesterday,
1. Everybody up bright and early, cereal eaten, dressed, teeth brushed.
2. Tell Cody to double and triple check that he has everything needed to present the colors at the ball. He will not be coming back to the house before the ball.
3. Make sure Alonzo is in his cub scout uniform, make sure we have Colin's uniform: shirt, belt, neckerchief and slide.
4. Make sure we have the drinks for the Blue and Gold.
5. Drive to school to pick up Colin from sleep-over at school. School is 15 minutes from our house heading out toward Wiesbaden.
6. Drive to Oberursel for Blue and Gold cub scout awards banquet. Oberursel is 30 minutes from our house the other way. Thank goodness for the GPS it cut a few minutes off the time.
7. Blue and Gold over. It went well. Awards given, skits performed, jokes told, pizza eaten, good time had by all, except maybe Cody who spent his time chasing Grayson.
8. Head to Weisbaden which is 40 minutes from our house in a different direction.
9. Dump Cody and all his stuff at the base and head back to the house so we can get ready for the ball.
10. Start working on hair. There is a reason I usually just schedule an appointment so someone else can do my hair for the ball. I am totally hopeless, but the new haircut did make is easier. Short hair is just so much easier.
11. Stop messing with my hair and deal with The Incident. It involved the bathroom, a closed toilet, someone not looking before they went, a disgusting mess, and hysterics. It also involved a vow NOT to blog it so I will stop because I am perilously close to breaking that vow.
12. Wash hands, twice. Return to fussing with hair.
13. Hair and makeup finally done as good as they are going to get.
14. Put on dress, change my mind about which shoes to wear. To wear hose, or not to wear hose? Put the hose on with the vintage shoes. Love the shoes hate the hose. Take the hose off. Keep vintage shoes.
15. Put on jewelry. Change necklace...twice. Decide not to wear the vintage shoe, they are closed toed and I didn't paint my toenails for nothing. Strappy sandals it is.
16. Suddenly remember I need a purse. Destroy closet looking for my beaded clutch. Find it on dresser where I apparently put it earlier in the week so I could find it.
17. Check to make sure David is ready. Of course he is. And he has the oven preheating to the babysitter can make pizza, and is giving the babysitter instructions, not that Emily needs them. She rocks! So does David.
18. Take pre-ball picture. Don't we look fabulous?
19. Head to bus stop to catch bus to the ball. Yes, we rode a bus but at least it was a chartered bus. Not very glamourous but does mean we can both drink if we want to.
20. Have a blast at the ball!