Sunday, December 19, 2010

And Then There Were Two

One week ago today I kissed my first born goodbye and sent him off to make his own way in the world. Today exactly one week later I kissed my second born and sent him off to his first ever sleep over camp. He will be gone all week so now I only have two kids at home. How weird is that going to be?

The house is unnaturally quiet and empty. I think I may find a book and a cup of hot tea and read for awhile. I could get used to this. The boys better watch out, I have heard about this thing call boarding school....

3 comments:

Connie said...

Remind me of our toy robot. Put on free mode, it wanders around making random observations depending on what it encounters. One of it's phrases is: "It's quiet... too quiet." Might come in handy in times like this. Of course, it would be even more handy if it could fetch slippers or pour you a glass of wine...

Monica said...

wow. you are a brave momma. i dno't know if i could've done those two so close together.

Bryn said...

My kids have to leave every summer for almost all of the summer and the first week or two of quiet is nice....then it gets old....then depressing. Good luck and make sure to spoil yourself!!