Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Officially Spring!

According to the calendar in the kitchen (from McQueeney Feed Mill - Thanks for the care package Mom I loved it!)  today is the official start of spring.  This morning when I walked the kids to the bus stop it was still cold enough to need a coat, although Cody declared it was spring so he wasn't going to wear a coat.  Teenagers! The weather widget on the side bar declared it was 0 Celsius (32 Fahrenheit) definitely cold enough for a coat, but the sun is shining so at least it isn't another grey and rainy day. I am heartily tired of being cold. I am ready for sun and warm weather, skirts and sandals. Here is the view from my window today.  


No I don't get tired of the looking at that thing. I think it is cool.

The trees are still bare.  The grass is green, but then it stayed green all winter, even with the snow. What kind if grass stays green when it is buried in snow for two weeks?  German grass, I guess.  Where are the new leaves?  Where are the flowers? Are there any signs of spring?   I took my camera and walked around my building looking for hope.
 

Yay!  Spring!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I loove your spring photos! Maybe Jorden & I will go take some spring photos...but we're in Hawaii so our version of cold (that now has me in sweatpants and bundled with blankets) is only about 67 at the lowest. Glad it's starting to look more like spring for you!