Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tres Leche Cake

On our first anniversary we both took the day off from work and went to Austin.  On the recommendation of a friend we dined at Chuy's Hula Hut.   I forget what we had for dinner that year but for dessert we had Tres Leche Cake. YUM!  It became a tradition, for the next 6 years we drove up to Austin and enjoyed a great meal and of course Tres Leche cake for dessert. Now that 75 minute drive to Austin is more like 3 days travel, so no Hula Hut.  Last year I tried to make my own cake, but the texture was wrong, too soft and too mushy.  This year I found this recipe.  Success!  It was good, really good.  In fact Colin took one bite of cake and said, "This is the best thing I have ever tasted!"  

Oh, if you make it to Austin and the Hula Hut, I strongly recommend the Mexonesian Shrimp Flautas. That's the next recipe I start trying duplicate.

No comments: