Friday, March 4, 2011

A Lazy Lazy Day!

I am sitting around doing not much useful today. I don't remember the last time I could do this, sometime before I decided to fire the staff and start homeschooling, I guess. I did manage to get dressed, of course I am wearing the slouchiest, softest, most comfortable (and also ugliest) clothes I own. Today there is no homeschooling, no sweeping, no mopping, no laundry, the beds aren't made and it's not likely they will be. Grayson is curled up on the couch watching Toy Story 2 and munching down a lemon muffin. I am alternating between working on a jigsaw puzzle and playing on the computer. Dave did have to go to work, poor guy, but Gray and I aren't letting that spoil our fun!

Wait where are the other kids you ask? Well, Dakota is still in the Navy. I haven't quite come to terms with the fact he doesn't live here anymore. I thought I had, but just this week I took 6 cupcakes out the freezer for dessert instead of 5. Then of course I had to eat the extra cupcake. Alonzo and Colin left Wednesday for Green Camp. It's a sleepover camp and they won't be back until Sunday! YAY! I love them, but seriously, YAY! Grayson in enjoying his temporary status as only child. I am simply looking froward to tomorrow morning when he goes to Wild Kids Club at the Wildlife Center. David and I will 3 whole hours without kids. Yipee! THREE HOURS!

For the rest of day the only useful thing I intend to do is cook dinner and that's mostly because I like to eat. I am making gnocchi because Dave asked nicely, and also he had the sage in hand when he asked. I think he even waved it under my nose so that smell would get to me. I will probably do the dishes just because I want to make the cockroaches lives a little harder, and it hardly seems fair to ask Dave to do them since he has to actually work today and I sitting around doing nothing and loving every minute of it.

8 comments:

Kate Husband said...

Sounds like an absolutely perfect day!

Connie said...

I am sure you have earned every minute of your laziness today!! :) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

YAAY! Enjoy! :) I had a day like this last week and it was just what I needed. Hope your day is perfect and relaxing in nearly every way! :) (Could Grayson do dishes? Just an evil thought...)

Monica said...

SO many things came to mind. i will do my best here. the cupcakes - AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! almost made me cry and then i laughed when you ate it!!! the kids being gone - YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! gray watching toystory - hehehehehe!! he IS the ultimate fourth child. you and dave having three hours alone - I AM FRIGHTENED AND GOOD THING YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs, friend. have fun!

Monica said...

oh, and damnit - i forgot about the gnochi. i am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous.

Daniela Swider said...

Sounds lovely! Enjoy!

Jen said...

Green camp sounds awesome...lucky kids! Enjoy your time (mostly) alone!

Missy said...

Totally remember living in the tropics, where I *had* to do the dishes every day or the house would be overrun. Also, my then-boyfriend (now husband) started doing dishes when I cooked...until I came home and the smell hit me. MAGGOTS. The sinks had a food catcher thing in the drain that had to be cleaned EVERY DAY or there would be...yep. Maggots in the drain of a spotlessly clean sink.

That being said, enjoy your time and your new goodies!