Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Grayson and I celebrated the 4th of July by driving out to Comfort Texas to enjoy an old fashioned small-town parade, complete with fire trucks, horses, tractors, floats, flags and of course lots of candy being thrown.

The fourth of July is just one of those holidays that seems to be best celebrated in small towms with friends and family. Our family is scattered this holiday with David back in Jakarta, Alonzo and Colin in Kentucky with Aunt Teri and Ashley, Cody in Seguin and Grayson and I here in San Antonio. I decided to make the best of it, so Grayson and I headed to the parade by ourselves. As I was setting up the lawn chair, Grayson started screaming and pointing, "Mon-ca Mon-ca!!" I looked around and sure enough across the street were our friends Monica and Eddie their kids Malcolm, Sophie and Corina, and Monica's sister Julie. We got spend the holiday with friends even though we hadn't planned it that way. Sometimes God just smiles on you.

At first Grayson didn't know what to make of the parade. Then he realized that there was candy coming from the parade and he got right into the spirit.

I thought the chicken was funny so I decided to share.

No comments: