Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me (or maybe you did, but I'm telling ya anyway ;))
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
3 car seats, some kids books to give the kids something to do in the car (like hit each other with the books), jumper cables, a couple of diapers just in case, and my driver's bottle of water
2. When was the last time you threw up?
Shortly after moving to Jakarta, about the same time I learned the phrase "Jakarta Belly."
3. What's your favorite curse word?
Can't say because I don't use profanity here, some of my kids friends read this blog, so it will have to remain a mystery!
4. Name three people who made you smile today.
Today – easy!! Alonzo, Colin, Grayson, David, and Cody
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Getting dressed for pilates!
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Taking my 6 and 7 year old to tennis lessons, IF it ever stops raining!
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Nope, but I did have a stripper at a bachelorette party, does that count?
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"It's OK Mommy's right here." It is thundering right now, the scary, hateful, cracky thunder that Grayson is most scared of.
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food or Ben and Jerry's One Sweet Whirled (or anything Ben and Jerry containing any combo of chocolate, coffee, and caramel (marshmallow and nuts optional)
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Black Cherry Tea - hot
12. What are you wearing right now?
Hot pink cotton top and ancient denim skorts, no shoes in the house.
13. What was the last thing you ate?
Pasta with homemade red sauce, leftovers for lunch
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope. Not this month either!
15. When was the last time you ran?
Last time one of the boys came up to me holding some gross creepy crawly! My poor pembantu Ibu Dwi was right behind me!
16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Does David playing badminton with Alonzo count as a sporting event?
17. Who is the last person you emailed?
18. Ever go camping?
Yep but not in countries that have cobras or monkeys! Already shopping for camping gear for Germany!
19. Do you have a tan?
I live in the tropics and swim several times a week, so yeah, but I wear rash guard so my tan line is a little weird.
Don’t know where 20 – thru 23 went …
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Yep, when ever I go to a restaurant in Jakarta that I have not been to before I avoid ice and order bottled soda and a straw. (see #2 for explanation)
25. What did your last IM say?
I haven’t IM’d in forever. My last SMS was about going shopping for exercise clothes
26. Are you some one's best friend?
Hope so but probably not since we live overseas and move so often.
27. What are you doing tomorrow?
9:15 will find me helping out in my son's second grade writing class, just like every Wednesday morning.
28. Where is your mom right now?
I hope she is at home asleep in her bed, it's the middle of the night in Texas.
29. Look to your left, what do you see?
Cat tree, a VERY fat orange cat, and my knitting basket with the scarf I am knitting for Alonzo.
30. What color is your watch?
I don't have a watch, maybe David and the boys will buy me one for Mother's Day. HINT HINT!!
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
beaches, Uluru, clean air, and big lizards
32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
YES! Anyone know a good surgeon? Sign me up.
33. What is your birthstone?
Topaz, it's yellow UGH!
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Neither- McDonald's and KFC deliver. ;)
35.How many kids do you want?
I have 4 boys I don't think my sanity would survive another kid
36. Do you have a dog?
No, just 2 fat lazy cats. I want a dog but it just doesn't work with this lifestyle.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
38. Have you met anyone famous?
I don't know, are ambassadors considered famous? If so, then yes, otherwise no not really.
39. Any plans today?
Pilates this morning and tennis this afternoon but it is still raining.
40. How many states have you lived in?
States: Texas and Virginia
Countries:USA and Indonesia and soon to add Germany
41. Ever go to college?
Yes Even got my BS from SWT in '94
42. Where are you right now?
Sitting on couch in living room
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
Getting ready to pack out without knowing our housing assignment at the next post. How big is it? How many closets? How big is the oven and will my cookie sheets fit or should I just send them to storage? How many bedrooms? .......I hate moving!
44. Last song listened to?
We Are the Dinosaurs Marching by Laurie Berkner (thanks Jamie, ow that sounded sarcastic, really I mean thanks, Grayson loves his music!)
46. Are you allergic to anything?
I used to get really sick after eating shrimp but I don't seem to have a problem with it anymore.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
My clogs by Dansko I wear them with jeans they are so comfortable.
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Anyone who doesn't have to move in the next 5 months
50. Is anyone jealous of you?
Yes but only because I have a maid
51. What time is it?
1:43pm Jakarta time
52. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes, most of them!
53. Do you eat healthy?
Most of the time
54. What do you usually do during the day?
Enjoy the kids, stay out of Dwi's way, practice guitar, try and learn German (at least enough to ask "where's the bathroom") with Rosetta Stone, sort through the endless amount of junk we have and try to decide keep donate or storage, shuttle my kids to various lessons and school activities, volunteer at school, cook dinner, blog
55. Do you hate anyone right now?
No not really I don't think hate is healthy but there are people I try to limit the amount of time I spend with them for my own mental health
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
Yes, also Selamat Pagi (siang, sore, or malam depending on the time of day)
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Once, my dear friend Cynthia (who will never read this) took us last summer. So much fun!
60. How did you get one of your scars?
When I was a kid I was playing with our bulldog Major, I was running he was chasing. He jumped on me and knocked me into a barbed wire fence leaving a big scar on my thigh.