Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tired Feet and Happy Tummy

Right now I feel a lot better about all the food I have been shoveling in this summer. Today we walked from our hotel (which is three blocks directly behind the National Musuem of the American Indian) to the Jefferson Memorial, then to the FDR memorial, and the Korean War Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial with all those steps, then the Vietnam Memorial. Grayson wanted to see "Obama's house" so we walked over and peered through the fence at the White House. We were headed back to the hotel when a guy gave us a flier with a coupon to Harry's Restaurant so we walked a few more blocks and stopped to eat. I am glad we did. I had the open face roast turkey sandwich, it was like Thanksgiving on a plate. Perfect. Then we walked down Pennsylvania until we got to 4th street then we crossed over the mall and finally made it home to our hotel suite. My feet are tired. My feet feel like it was a 100 miles, Alonzo is swearing it was at least 30. Google maps puts it at roughly 6 and half miles. With 4 kids. That is worth at least a hundred miles. There will be pictures later. For now I am going to eat my baklava and drink a cup of hot tea completely guilt free.

No comments: