Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tiny Train

We had to go to the base at Wiesbaden today, so we decided to see what else we could do while we were there.  A quick web search turned up the 1888 Neroberg Funicular Railway. I liked the name funicular, it seemed...well, FUN.   Just the thing for the boys.  The actual ride is very short but the views at the top were spectacular!  We were low on camera batteries but we did capture this view of the Russian Church.  The 1888 Funicular only runs until the end of October then is closed for the winter.  If we don't make it back this fall we will definitely make it back next year.  There is a ropes course at the top I know Cody would enjoy, a cute cafe, a swimming pool open in the summer, and if I read the signs right (serious doubt here) there are a number of hiking trails that continue up the hill. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your new header! And your pages for your pictures!! Looks so nice! Glad you guys had fun! I don't think I've ever actually seen a castle! Well the one that country guy built for his redneck wife in KY! Not the same thing, although I have to admit I was super impressed!