Sunday, October 5, 2008

Castles Castles and MORE Castles!

We decided to finish off a busy weekend with a relaxing drive up the Rhine River. The Upper Middle Rhine Valley has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This section of the Rhine is home to bunches of castles. Alonzo swears he counted 19 today, and he probably did, although I think he is counting some of the more ornate churches as castles. We didn't actually visit any of the castles but instead went to several scenic spots and overlooks just to enjoyed the view. One of the very nice things about living overseas is knowing we can always come back later. We aren't compelled to fit everything into one long exhausting day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks so magical. How do the kids like it? Are they interested, or do they get bored? As a child, I would get so bored looking at churches and castles in Poland, but now, it is so much more amazing to me. It gets better with age.

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! Yeah, those are very very cool!! Steve visited Heidelberg and took pictures the castle there, for me. But it was just the one. Not like this. What fun!!

Hey, what is the great photo program you're using? I love the picture formats on your last two posts!

Terio said...

Very cool! I, too, am impressed with your layout!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I dream of seeing a real live castle in person one of these days. I would love to hear more about them. The photos are spectacular!