Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snail Mail!

As Dave came in the door I asked, "Did we get any mail?"

I have asked this question every day for the last 2 weeks. About 3 weeks ago the TV died. The parts have been ordered, but have not arrived. The kids get out of school for the holidays tomorrow and I was really hoping to have a working TV. Every day he answers the same thing,"No, not today!"

Today he answered "Yep, here ya go!"

He handed me a package and for a minute I was confused, I sure don't know what to do with TV guts! Then I looked at the address, it was from Jae! We were real life friends long before we were bloggy friends. Mail from home, how fun! When I opened it up inside was a lovely new ornament for my tree and a Christmas card, the first (and likely only one) this year. I already have both on display! Isn't my new ornament gorgeous? It's a silver dove with an quote from Emily Dickinson inscribed on the wing, "We never know how good we are until we are called to rise." Jae is just the best ever!

Since we moved overseas I have a noticed a huge drop in the number of actual paper cards we receive and a corresponding jump in the number of e-cards. Is this just a we moved overseas thing, or is this happening pretty much everywhere?



Here is my moose card holder with his lone Christmas card.



P.S. No we still haven't received the parts for the TV. Maybe tomorrow, I hope!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's because you're overseas. We see the same thing.

The ornament is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you got it and like it. :) It made me think of you, and it was so pretty. Glad it fits in with your ornaments. This year I'm sending ACTUAL cards, like hand written ones, for the few that get them! ;) hee hee! Usually i send out the photo card, so easy and so cute. Just no time this year.

Happy holidays Shannon!!! :)

(PS - peeps are going to ecards to save the environment ... it makes sense, but i love real ones too.)

Monica said...

okay jae has made me feel like a loser friend. :o( girl, you will get a card from me...probably AFTER christmas, though. and only because it's a picture of us. ;o) so you can remember what we look like. grayson is SO cute. he has changed so much. can't believe it. lots of love...m.