Saturday, June 7, 2014

It's Starting To Come Together.

All of my cabinets have doors again.


Finally I can see how it's going to look when it's all done.  The little space above the microwave will be a wine rack which David will install when he gets here, along with crown molding, handles, and shelves.  I think it is going to look amazing.

There is work for me too. The opposite side of the room still needs the backsplash painted, and both sides need to sealed with polycrylic to make protect the faux tile and make it scrubbable. The wine rack needs to be sanded and painted to match the cabinets.  I still need to  clear away the the painting gear and pack it up for another day. And I probably should mow the lawn before David shows up.


It looks so plain without the backsplash painted. I can hardly wait to see how it looks when it is finished.

In the dining room it is out with the sawhorses and in with the carpet, table and chairs.  It feels like a house again, instead of a disaster area.


I am wrapping up another busy day with a celebratory dinner.


Yes, Oman friends, those are pork chops. Pork chops, baked potato, and salad...Yummm!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The house is looking amazing Shannon!

Nomads By Nature said...

Absolutely charming and definitely worth the celebration!

Just US said...

Love it! The backsplash is such fun colors too.

Connie said...

It's looking so good!