Monday, June 4, 2012

Blocked


I don't know what's up, but this afternoon when I finally got caught up on everything and had a few minutes to sit and relax I tried to log onto Facebook to see what everyone is up and I got this message:  


Sorry, but www.facebook.com is blocked on this network.

After sending a short but succinct rant to my husband who is on charge of fixing stupidity like this I tried to log onto to Pinterest and got this message:



Sorry, but pinterest.com is blocked on this network.


After a second message to my husband (which may or may not have had a higher than normal ratio of four letter words) I decided to chill and just shoot bubbles for a few minutes until I calmed down.  What to guess what message I got? Yup you guessed it!



Sorry, but www.bubbleshooter.net is blocked on this network.


How about some jigsaw puzzle action?



Sorry, but www.jigzone.com is blocked on this network.

Sudoku?



Sorry, but www.websudoku.com is blocked on this network.


How about if I just Skype someone back home to whine about life in Malawi



Sorry, but www.bubbleshooter.net is blocked on this network.

And so my afternoon goes.  I'm not sure when Malawi relocated to China but suddenly I have all kinds of interesting internet restrictions that I didn't have this morning. SIGH! 


If you don't hear from me for a while it is because blogger has been blocked too, although I really hope this is just a temporary glitch. I have my fingers crossed that it is soon fixed.  Otherwise it is gonna be a LOOOONG final year of our posting to Malawi.  




3 comments:

David said...

Problem fixed!! Whenever a problem is encountered always reboot.

Monica said...

ha! yay for david!!! sooooooooo happy problem is resolved. i would have had to buy a ticket. ;o)

Ecy said...

Hi Shannon,
I am a first tour EFM in Kathmandu. We're working on our second tour bidlist and Lilongwe fits, but I am not totally sold on another 20-25% hardship. I'll have a 3 year old and a 1 year old when we arrive - I know your kids are older, but I'd love your input if you have a sec. My email is ecyhughes@gmail.com. Thanks for blogging!
Ecy