Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Backyard Safari

There is no doubt that one of the biggest bonuses of serving at a post in Africa is the animals. Going on safari was a childhood dream. Blame Marlin Perkins.

How many of you are now humming "Mutual of Omaha is people you can count on when the going's hard?"

I can hardly believe that I actually have been on safari, in Africa. Pinch me. What's not to love about seeing things like this,


and this,

and this?


Sadly the area of Malawi where we live does't offer much in the way of wildlife viewing opportunities so our Safaris are few and far between. It doesn't seem to bother my kids much, they go on safari in our back yard every day. While they may not be spotting the big five (thank heavens) they do find plenty of critters to keep them happy and to keep me living in a state of terror.











5 comments:

Monica said...

i love, love, love the last picture with colin. that boy is so handsome. ;o) happy valentines day! we love y'all.

Becky said...

Love it all.

Sadie said...

Great pics! I am so excited to be heading to East Africa next! I could spend my entire life on safari, happily.

Connie said...

I love your backyard .. and the adventures your awesome boys get into!! (I feel for you when the adventure comes inside and gets loose, but it is still wonderful!)

Chetan Sharma said...

Really i appreciate, this is very best information, Keep more posting.
Hotel Deluxe Room Nicosia