Monday, May 11, 2009

A Coffee Cup, A Road Trip, and Mother's Day

This is my new favorite coffee cup. The sunny yellow inside with a matte black outside and happy daisy remind me to look for the positive in the day. It was a Mother''s Day present from David. He is good.

The other thing we did to celebrate Mother's Day was to take a road trip to the Netherlands. We set out about 6 in the morning heading to the Kuekenhof near Amsterdam. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to get there. The tulips and other flowers were stunning even if we were toward the end of the senason so some were bloomed out. There was plenty for the kids to do, from a a petting zoo to a maze. We all had a wonderful time and the kids did great. All the same I think we will pick something a bit closer for our next day trip. I will get some pictures up of all the flowers and fun when I have a bit more time. Now Mother's Day is over and I need to get the house cleaned. Does the fun never end?

No comments: