Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kleinmarkthalle

Saturday David and I went exploring downtown.  We have been downtown a few times but, each time we had a purpose, or kids, so we didn't take much time to explore.  Saturday we were just wandering around, enjoying a day together, just the two of us.  My favorite find of the day was definitely the Kleinmarkthalle.  I have no doubt we will visit it many times in the future.  It is so perfectly what a market should be! 

Meat, fish, and cheese, every kind of imaginable produce, spices galore, fresh breads and pastries, plants, cut flowers, and imported foods from around the world.  I could find ingredients for nasi goreng, curry, or mole.  There were all the kids favorite tropical fruits: rambutan, lychee, mangosteen, jackfruit, mangos, dragonfruit, but not a durian in sight (or within smell!). It was a food lover's paradise. I bought the spices to make mulled wine and David bought some spicy roasted peanuts that reminded me of the yummy fried battered peanuts Haryono's wife made for us in Jakarta. We didn't buy much this time, but David took tons of pictures. I know we will back again, soon!

3 comments:

Tina said...

You got some really great (and colorful) pictures there!

Glad you could have such a good time with David :-)

Grace said...

Very good pictures. I love photography. I just wonder why you are there in Indonesia.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'd like that place.