Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unexpected Surprise

Friday David came home and announced I could take the night off, we were going to eat at the feildhouse. Yipee! We let the kids play outside for a while, then Dave and I went inside to find a table. We noticed a guy walking in with a guitar case. He began setting up to play. Neither of us could remember hearing anything about live music, but we decided to hangout and see what was up. It turned out to be a great night. The singer was an Irishman who did a great mix of music, old and new. He even took requests. The kids came inside to eat then when back outside where they played until dark, around 9. Dave and I just sat and enjoyed the music. Everyone was happy. What a perfect, if unexpected, evening.

Playing two instruments at once! I would be happy if I could just manage to play my pretty blue guitar at all.
After awhile some groupies joined him on stage. I guess every act needs some back up dancers.

On the way out we noticed this sign, but I would swear it wasn't there when we arrived. Or maybe we are just blind. Who knows?

2 comments:

Connie said...

What a fun surprise! We had that happen often at the club in Cairo. They had a lot of entertainers come through the area, and we rarely read theirv newsletter. We'd just show up for a lunch or dinner, and sometimes we'd have shows too ;D

Shannon said...

I love unexpected surprises like that.