Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

The day has finally arrived. All four of my boys are in school. Alonzo and Colin started school way back on August 4th. Cody's school started last Monday. Today Grayson started his very first day of pre-school. In Germany pre-school for 3-6 year olds is called kindergarten. So Grayson started kindergarten today!

I'm ready! I go to school! Let's go already!


Hurry up! I want to go in!


School is fun. You can leave now.


Grayson was still smiling when I picked him up at noon. The only thing that could have made him happier would have been if he could have ridden a bus, instead of walking, but the school is closer to the house than the bus stop.

 

5 comments:

Jenn said...

He looks so old! Does he go to school every day for half day or just some days? All your babies are gone! Now what will you do with yourself?!

Terio said...

How cute and as Jenn said, SO grown up! I hope they teach him to draw a kitty! Now write!

Anonymous said...

Your story about Grayson's first day rang bells for me. When I took my younger daughter to her first day at kindergarten, I was nervous. She had always been such a mommy's girl, that I expected some resistance. But no -- we walked in through the door, and her eyes lit up as she looked around at all the kid-sized furniture and play areas. She put her hands on her little hips and declared, "So THIS is kindergarten!" and happily ran off.

She was launched: Bye Mommy!

Bobbie

Brenda said...

I'm so glad that Grayson loves school. It will be so much fun for him and even more fun for mom. Congratulations! They grow up so fast, don't they?

Unknown said...

Aww, so sweet. :) Is he still happy as a lark with school, or over going daily?